When a hurricane roars through Lacey Armstrong's home on the coast of Barefoot Bay, she decides all that remains in the rubble is opportunity. A new hotel is just what Mimosa Key needs, and Lacey and her teenage daughter are due for a fresh start. And nothing, especially not a hot, younger architect, is going to distract Lacey from finally making her dreams a reality.
A second chance is the only thing you have left.
Love has already cost Clay Walker everything. And if he's going to have any chance of picking up the pieces of his life, he needs the job as Lacey Armstrong's architect. What's not in the plans is falling for the headstrong beauty. Her vision of the future is more appealing than anything he could have ever drafted for himself. Will Clay's designs on Lacey's heart be more than she can handle, or will she trust him to build something that will last forever?
I enjoyed this book! Lacey is a single mom whose daughter is just that, hers, and now her dream is a possibility. Clay needs Lacey's dream to be bigger and to see the potential that he sees for her. The job as her architect wouldn't hurt him either. The chemistry between the two of them is instant and they may just build something together.
I like that Lacey is a mom and the 'older woman'. Clay is just super hot, and smart...a great combination. Her three friends and daughter are great. I love the individual characters and the back stories that all of them have and I can't wait to explore in future books. The island's 'small town' feel is great but it has the small town politics too and you just feel the whole experience.
I rate this a 4/5. It was a good book and I can't wait to see more of the series!
Thank you to Hachette for the review copy of this book. I received this book in exchange for an honest review and the opinions stated above are 100% mine.
Thanks to the wonderful folks at Hachette, I have 2 copies of this book to giveaway! Here are the rules:
- You must be a follower to participate
- Leave Me a Comment on THIS post with your e-mail (no e-mail you can't win)
- US & Canadian Residents only
- No PO Boxes
- Hachette Book Group will be sending the copies to the winners
- You have 24 hours to respond if you are contacted as a winner, if you miss the deadline, a new winner will be chosen and contacted.
- Contest is open until May 10, 2012
- Winners will be chosen using a randomizer
- Directly from Hachette: Winners will be subject to the one copy per household rule, which means that if they win the same title in two or more contests, they will receive only one copy of the title (or one set in the case of grouped giveaways) in the mail.