Monday, April 20, 2015

Author Interview of KG Stutts

AW: Tell us about yourself…

Displaying Amethyst1.jpg
Hi! I'm KG Stutts. I live in Burlington, NC with my wonderful husband, Brad. I work full time in a business call center and write when I can. I am the author of the Mirror series, the Amethyst Chronicles, and several separate romance novels.

AW: What genre do you write and why? 

Sci-fi romance. I've always been a big sci-fi fan. Growing up, I would watch Star Trek and Star Wars with my dad and brother. I love the genre. There are no limits

AW: Tell us about your book…. 

Amethyst Chronicles: Winter's Kiss is the first in a series. It's actually a spin-off of sorts, takes place one thousand years after my first series. Amethyst is a group of genetically enhanced super-humans, having to work with a military team to stop a scientist from using a weather machine to freeze Earth.

AW: What was your inspiration for this book? 

I love the color purple. I began to play around with the idea of a group of purple-eyed people. Then the ideas came. Why are their eyes purple? Does it give them special abilities? And what would they do with said abilities? It really steamrolled from there.

AW: Do you have a favorite character and why that one? 

It's really hard to pick a favorite. Ember Wilson is a tough, no-nonsense leader, but I would probably say Alexander Nova. He's just really funny.

AW: Did you find anything particularly difficult in writing this book? 

I am a huge fan of Joss Whedon and subscribe to his philosophy on women. I really wanted Ember to be someone everyone can get behind. I wanted her to be strong, sexy, smart, and engaging.

AW: What project(s) are you currently working on? 

Just finished edits on the second book in the Amethyst Chronicles series. Currently beginning a prequel to the Mirror series and writing a romance story
Displaying 014.jpg
 AW: Do you have any interesting writing quirks you want to tell us about? 

I love to write by hand. I have notebooks filled with stories.

AW: Do you have any advice for writers out there? 

Write every day and do not negotiate on your principles. Don't let anyone push you around. Tell the story you want to tell.

AW: Where can we find you? 

Facebook.com/KGStutts, Twitter.com/KGStutts kgstutts.blogspot.com andkgstutts.com

AW: And of course we have to know, where can we find your book?

Find all my links atkgstutts.webs.com/buystore.distinguishedpress.com Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment