Monday, June 4, 2018

Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

Spartan Frost by Jennifer EstepBook Description:
Estep blends the perfect amount of action, romance and comedy. --"RT Book Reviews " I'm Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was--until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost.

Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I'm fine, that Loki and the Reapers don't have a hold on me anymore, but I can't risk it. I can't risk hurting Gwen again. So I'm leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away.

I know Gwen wonders what's happening to me, whether I'm safe. I can't tell her, but this is my story. . .

Praise for the Mythos Academy Series

"The strongest installment thus far--Estep delivers." --"Library Journal "on "Dark Frost"

"Lots of twists and turns and a surprise ending will leave the reader breathless!" --"RT Book Reviews "on "Kiss of Frost, 4 Stars "

""Recommended for fans of Richelle Mead, Rachel Hawkins and P.C. Cast." --"NocturneReads" "

""Ms. Estep's Mythos Academy is sure to appeal to all those who love a good character-driven YA that uses humor, snark, and seriousness to create a world you won't want to leave." --Heroes &Heartbreakers "

""It has literally everything: mystery, romance, mythology, boarding schools. What could be better?" --Simply Nerdy Book Reviews on "Touch of Frost"

My Thoughts:
This is a good, quick addition to the storyline.  It comes right after book 4 and follows Logan.  He is in 'hiding' from his friends, mainly Gwen.  Realistically he doesn't want to be around her because he doesn't want to hurt her but not being with her, he knows, is hurting her too.  He just doesn't trust himself not to be a pawn in the overall scheem the reapers have.
I liked watching him and his father interact.  Then his father and the other guards, Logan just fit with them.  His anger and wanting to train constantly were understandable.  The ending sets up book 5 perfectly and I will continue on reading this series in order.

It was a 4/5 for me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment