Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gallant Waif by Anne Gracie

Book Description:
Battle-scarred Jack Carstairs just wants to be left alone! Retreating to his country estate, he stubbornly resists attempts to return him to Society. Miss Kate Farleigh, his newly employed housekeeper, challenges him at every turn. What will it take to persuade him to rejoin the human race?

My Thoughts:
I really liked this book. I'm generally not a historical romance reader but this one I did enjoy! Jack has gotten hurt fighting in the wars and has scars, been dumped by his fiance because of the scars and has chosen not to interact with the outside world. Kate has her own scars and deals with them in a much better way than Jack, but not in a way that HIS meddling grandmother approves of. The grandmother puts the two together in an amusing position and they help each other in ways neither imagined possible.
Overall I give it a 4/5. It is definitely worth finding at a used book store and reading! Its an older book so it shouldn't be a problem to find. I have it now on my 'keeper' shelf!

0 comments:

Post a Comment