Monday, June 21, 2010

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Book Description:
"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him--and I didn't know how dominant that part might be--that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
"I'D NEVER GIVEN MUCH THOUGHT TO HOW I WOULD DIE. I'd had reason enough in the last few months--but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.... Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of something else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something...."
When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.
What Bella doesn't realize is the closer she gets to him, the more she is putting herself and those around her at risk. And, it might be too late to turn back....


My Thoughts:
I honestly didn't think I would like this book at all, but boy was I wrong! I absolutely loved it! Bella chooses to move to Forks and live with her father so her mother can live her own life with her new husband. The move from sunny Phoenix to dreary Forks is made better for her when she meets Edward Cullen. She notices he and his family are different and determines to find out what makes them so different. The only part of her plan she doesn't realize is how dangerous that mission is for her. Since Edward and his family are vampires, she is putting her life into their hands the closer she gets to the truth.
I loved the interaction between the characters. The story is written from Bella's point of view but you meet so many interesting characters that it is almost addicting. Bella and Edward seem to be destined for each other, but he is fighting hard against it. I like Alice, Jasper is interesting, Emmit is funny, Mike is annoying....the whole cast of characters is memorable and you enjoy each of them!
Overall I rate this book 5/5. It was a wonderfully fun read with a mix of science fiction, romance, and suspense.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley! Thanks for following, I followed back =D

    Nice to see your thoughts on twilight. I guess I should write a review too because I haven't seen many reviews about not liking it. =D Keep posting and getting those followers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I don't think we read the same kind of books, but I am very impressed with your blog it looks great. Good luck to you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what all the hoopla was about too. I picked up Twilight, took it home and started reading. Two hours later, I had to get back in the car to drive back to Barnes and Noble to get the rest of the series! And took Twilight with me and kept in on my lap so I could read at stoplights. LOL. Yeah, I got hooked for sure.

    When you're done with the series, google Midnight Sun, it should still be online. It's a partial of Twilight told from Edward's POV. Very interesting. Also, I enjoyed her book The Host too.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Twilight too. I love this series. Great review.

    ReplyDelete