Tuesday, November 15, 2011

April Gardner's Wounded Spirits

Priase for Wounded Spirits:


April Elstrom

http://homeschoolblogger.com/elcloud/784713/
I really enjoyed Wounded Spirits.  It was an impressive first novel by April Gardner.  The storyline had a few twists that were predictable, but just as many that were unexpected. To be honest, I realized I didn’t know much about the relations between settlers and the Native Americans in the  states of the southeast. It left me wanting to read more about the history of that area, especially after I read April’s closing notes which showed how many of the people in her story were real people from history rather than fictional characters.
I look forward to reading more books from April Gardner.



I love reading historical fiction, it always makes me feel as if I am getting a history lesson while reading a great fiction story,and with Wounded Spirits, thats exactly what I got. The author does a fantastic job of weaving a great fiction tale around the truths of history. The characters are so well developed that it is easy to believe the story that unfolds.While faith in God is mentioned often in the story, it isn't overdone,instead seeming very appropriate for the characters. A story that captured my imagination,with characters that stayed in my heart and mind long after the last page. I can't wait to read the next book in the series to see what life has in store for Adela!On a scale of 1 to 5 I would give this book a six, because its just that good!!!

1 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! Thanks for having me today on your blog. I thought I'd mention that for the next 5 days only, Wounded Spirits is just $1.99 on Kindle!

    ReplyDelete