Friday, December 5, 2014

Interview of author Simon James House!!!

AW: Tell us about

I was born in the small village of Belvedere just on the edge of South East London. I

divide my time between the UK and Australia and am currently living in Sydney. As a

teen, I enjoyed break dancing and performed professionally in London. These days, my

passions are surfing and writing.

In 2011, I created and designed the classic surf/skateboard FreeForma bike,  which

infuses the art of surfing and skating in a motorized experience. I started FreeForma

Apparel in 2012, a 100% Organic Street Clothing line.  

In March 2014, I published Book 1 of the Andee The Aquanaut Trilogy, Andee The

Aquanaut: Guardian of the Great Seas followed by Book 2 in September, Andee The

Aquanaut: All Great Things Start with Small Beginnings. Book 3 will be released in

December 2014.

I'm also active in marine-life causes and donate a percentage of profits from sales of the

Andee The Aquanaut Trilogy to organizations worldwide.


AW: What genre do you write and why?

I started writing children's books as a way to bring my love as well as my passion for

conservation of the oceans and sea creatures to children everywhere. I believe that

superhero characters empower children and help them build strong self-esteems.

Andee is a unique superhero for marine life and I hope he inspires kids to learn more

about the ocean waters and preservation methods.
Displaying Andee The Aquanaut Guardian of the Great Seas m.jpg

AW: Tell us about your book….

Andee the Aquanaut is a Trilogy. Books 1 and 2 are currently available. The story is a

superhero action adventure about a young boy named Andee who lives with his marine

biologist parents on a small island. His life is idyllic until one day, a terrific storm hits the

island and sends him out to sea. He is separated from his parents and rescued by

young dolphins, Tingo and Tango who welcome him as part of their family. Andee is in

for a big surprise when he discovers he is the Chosen One destined to protect the

creatures of the seas. He is granted special powers allowing him to be one of the great

and legendary Aquanauts of the Marine Kingdom; the Lost City. He's sent on quests

and adventures by the Wise White Dolphin and confronts turmoil and dark and evil

forces in his role as superhero.  The book is a fast action adventure story for children

ages 8 through 16.


AW: What was your inspiration for this book?

Andee himself! The character just spoke to me and I found myself drawing  Andee and

then studying him and thinking, I really want to write about this guy and bring him to life!


AW: Do you have a favorite character and why that one? 

I think the Andee character was based on me. I have always loved the ocean and

wanted to be able to breathe underwater since I was a small child. I would have loved to

have been Andee. I guess that’s why I enjoy writing about him so much.


AW: Did you find anything particularly difficult in writing this book? 

I try not to over think my writing. I have a very vivid imagination and photographic

memory and need to imagine the story in my mind as if I am watching a film. Whenever

I get stuck in writing, I just take a break and the writing flows again.


AW: What project(s) are you currently working on?

I'm currently working on the Andee the Aquanaut trilogy books in Audio book format, It

is going extremely well indeed! Book 2, “All Great Things Start With Small Beginnings”

is action packed, full of adventure and fast paced. I'm working with some amazingly

talented voice actors that are truly bringing all of the characters to life.


AW: Do you have any interesting writing quirks you want to tell us about?

I spend a lot of time daydreaming about my story and what I'm going to write. I'll get

eureka moments while standing on my head doing a yoga pose and need to grab a pen.

I generally write afternoons to evening; this is when I'm most at Zen with myself and can

really get into the story and play the characters out in my wired head!


AW: Do you have any advice for writers out there? 

Be creative and don’t try too hard.  Just let it flow and let the story unfold in your mind.

Spend some weeks just thinking about the characters; their voices, how they sound,

how they will act and what they stand for.  Bring it all to life in your mind like a movie

trailer before you begin to write a single word. Then sit down at your laptop and watch it

all pour out onto the screen.



AW: Where can we find you? 

The Andee The Aquanaut website is http://andeetheaquanaut.com and

you can find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/simonjameshouseauthor,

Twitter at  https://twitter.com/sjhauthor

and on Goodreads at  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8289729.Simon_James_House


AW: And of course we have to know, where can we find your book?

The Books 1 and 2 are available on Amazon in digital format.

http://www.amazon.com/Andee-Aquanaut-Guardian-Great-Trilogy-

ebook/dp/B00KI2GXJC

http://www.amazon.com/Andee-Aquanaut-Things-Beginnings-Trilogy-

ebook/dp/B00N8BEJLY


Book 1 has just been released in print and audio on Amazon. Book 3 is currently in

editing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment