Thursday, June 20, 2019

Bound by Magic by Sadie Moss audio book narrated by Heather Firth

Bound by Magic: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance audiobook cover artBook Description:

Magic I never wanted. Power I can’t control. And four alluring men who are the key to it all.

Ever since the Great Death killed two thirds of the magical population, the magically Gifted have used their powers to oppress the Blighted—anyone without magic. Surviving as one of the Blighted in a city like Denver means I have to be quicker, smarter, and fiercer than the magical beings that rule the city. 

I get by just fine working as a mercenary and assassin until I take a job on my twenty-fifth birthday. What should be a routine take-down of an incubus and his buddies turns into a major clusterf#ck when something inside me goes haywire. 

Turns out, I do have magic. And it’s so powerful, it’s bound these four men to me. 

Jae, the thoughtful, intelligent mage with a sadness in him I can’t help but want to heal. Fenris, the sexy, devil-may-care wolf shifter with the killer grin. Akio, the incubus who pushes all my buttons—in the best and worst ways. And Corin, the human from my past who still holds a piece of my heart.

They’re part of an underground rebellion working for equality among the races and fighting back against the magical elite. And according to them, I may just be the missing piece in their battle. 

I’m Lana Crow. Mercenary. Gifted. Rebel. And my story is just beginning…

My Thoughts:
Oh where to start with this book. Lana is completely awesome. She is a blighted, or so she has believed her whole life. She can take care of herself and if she takes money from a Gifted here or there doing a job, no big deal. She absolutely detests all the Gifted do and stand for. Turns out, she is a Gifted.
Not only does she have magic but it bound her to four different men. And ohhhh, the men. Each unique and the narrator does an amazing job of giving them each their own voice. The wolf shifter (so hot!), the incubus (melting here!), the mage (those eyes), and the childhood friend (melting my heart). I'm not certain which guy is my favorite, all four of them have their strengths and weaknesses. I wasn't certain about Akio (incubus) but he steadily grew on me and now may be a favorite.
It was a 5/5 for me and I absolutely cannot wait to listen to the next in the series.

Thank you to the narrator for the copy of this book. I received a copy of this book and was not required to write a review, nor that any review I write be positive. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment