Monday, February 24, 2020

Pokergeist by Michael Phillip Cash

PokergeistBook Description:
Sometimes life, as well as death, is about second chances. Luckless Telly Martin doesn't have a clue. An awful gambler trying to scrape by as a professional poker player, he becomes the protégé of world famous poker champion Clutch Henderson. The only catch…Clutch is a ghost.
Telly and Clutch must navigate the seedy gambling underbelly of Las Vegas learning to trust each other in order to win the elusive International Series of Poker, repair their shattered personal relationships and find redemption in this life and the hereafter.


My Thoughts:
This is an entertaining novella.  It was a good, quick read that I enjoyed.  I thought this was going to be a mystery, but it wasn't.  That being said, I still enjoyed the story.  If you enjoy the game of poker, I think this story will strike your fancy.
Clutch was entertaining to me.  As a ghost, he still wants to play the game.  Telly and his girlfriend were both interesting characters and somewhat believable.  Overall an interesting and entertaining read.
It was a 3/5 for me.

Thank you to the author/publisher for the review copy of this book.  I received copy of this book via PUYB for review and the opinions stated above are 100% mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment