Thursday, May 31, 2018

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)Book Description:
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy; a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest. But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why; especially since I should have been the one who died...

My Thoughts:
I started reading this series on book 4 or 5 so I had to go back and read the beginning.  Gwen is a normal teenager, until the night her mother is killed.  Then her world is completely changed.  She has always had a gift but it has gotten stronger lately.  Then, the night her mother is killed, she gets told that she will be going to Mythos Academy.  It is a special school for people fighting to keep the god Loki from coming back to the world.
I loved how Gwen completely didn't believe any of what she was being taught at the school.  Unlike all the other kids at the school, she hadn't grown up knowing about reapers and Loki and all the gods.  She didn't believe any of it existed.  The whole storyline was good and I really enjoyed getting to know Gwen and the cast of characters.  I can't wait to start the next book.
It was a 4/5 for me.  Good characters and engaging story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment