Friday, June 8, 2018

Spartan Heart by Jennifer Estep

Spartan HeartBook Description:
New school year, same old problems . . .

At Mythos Academy, everyone knows exactly who I am: Rory Forseti, Spartan girl and the daughter of Reapers.

Even though I fought alongside my cousin Gwen Frost to save the mythological world from Loki and his evil Reapers of Chaos, I’m still the most hated girl at the academy because of all the horrible things my parents did. I had hoped that this school year would be different, but the other kids just won’t let me forget about my parents.

But something strange is going on at the Colorado academy. First, I run into a Viking guy who dislikes me more than most. Then I notice some odd artifacts in the Library of Antiquities. And worst of all, I start hearing rumors about a new group of Reapers who can summon mythological monsters.

I might be the most hated girl at Mythos Academy, but I’m also the only one who can save it . . .


My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this spinoff.  Rory Forseti is Gwen's cousin from the Mythos books and she has a story all of her own. She is just as strong as her cousin, but in her own way. Rory attends the Colorado campus of Mythos. She is still an outcast because her parents were Reaper assassins. Then she meets the new kids on campus.
She has casual run ins with them and then fights alongside one of them in the library. As a Spartan, she is strong but since her parent's secrets had come to light, she is simply an outcast. Now, she is in the position to know more than most in the school and being recruited for a secret mission...all while being glared at and snarled at by the new guy. 
It was a 4/5 for me. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

1 comments:

  1. I loved the story and world of Gwen Frost and was thrilled to have another excuse to submerge myself in it! Rory's character was engaging and Jennifer Estep is a fantastic writer and storyteller!! Any excuse/ opportunity to submerge and lose myself in that world and I am happy to do it and partake!

    Luzia
    Ketterman Rowland & Westlund

    ReplyDelete